Πρόσφατες Δημοσιεύσεις Μελών ΔΕΠ (από το ακαδ. έτος 2016-17)
"The Clash of Central Bankers with Labour Market Insiders, and the Persistence of Inflation and Unemployment", Economica (2018), 85 (337), 152-176, https://doi.org/10.1111/ecca.12241.
- "On the Limit Theory of the Gaussian SQMLE in the EGARCH(1,1) Model" (with Anyfantaki, S.), accepted at the Journal of Time Series Analysis (2019).
- "Robust Optimization of Forecast Combinations" (with Post, T. and Karabatı, S.), International Journal of Forecasting (2019), 35(3), 910-926.
- "Stable limit theory for the Gaussian QMLE in a non-stationary asymmetric GARCH model", Statistics & Probability Letters (2019), 145, 166-172.
- "Portfolio optimization based on stochastic dominance and empirical likelihood" (with Post,T. and Karabatı, S.), Journal of Econometrics (2018), 206(1), 167-186, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jeconom.2018.01.011
- " Spanning Tests for Markowitz Stochastic Dominance" (with Scaillet, O. and Topaloglou, O.) accepted at the Journal of Econometrics (2018), (https://ssrn.com/abstract=3114016).
- "Stochastic Spanning" (with Mark Hallam, Thierry Post and Nikolas Topaloglou), Journal of Business & Economic Statistics (2018), DOI: 10.1080/07350015.2017.1391099.
- "Mildly Explosive Autoregression Under Stationary Conditional Heteroskedasticity" (with Magdalinos, T.), Journal of Time Series Analysis (2018), 39: 892-908. doi:10.1111/jtsa.12410.
- "Portfolio Construction Based on Stochastic Dominance and Empirical Likelihood" (with Thierry Post and Selcuk Karabati), Journal of Econometrics (2017), https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jeconom.2018.01.011.
- "Stable limits for the Gaussian QMLE in the non-stationary GARCH (1, 1) model" (with A. Louka), Economics Letters (2017), 161, 135-137, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.econlet.2017.09.035.
- "Existence and uniqueness of a stationary and ergodic solution to stochastic recurrence equations via Matkowski’s FPT", Cogent Mathematics (2017), 4(1), 1380392, https://doi.org/10.1080/23311835.2017.1380392.
- "Testing for prospect and Markowitz stochastic dominance efficiency" (with N. Topaloglou), Journal of Econometrics (2017), 198(2), 253-270, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jeconom.2017.01.006.
- "A note on the limit theory of a Dickey–Fuller unit root test with heavy tailed innovations", Statistics & Probability Letters (2017), 126, 198-204, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.spl.2017.02.032.
- " A Note on Stable Limit Theory for the OLSE with Non-Usual Rates and the Heteroskedasticity Robust Wald Test", Communications in Statistics-Theory and Methods (2017), http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/03610926.2017.1300277.
- "A CLT for martingale transforms with infinite variance" (with A. Louka), Statistics & Probability Letters (2016), 119, 116-123, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.spl.2016.07.015.
- "A Note on the QMLE Limit Theory in the Non-stationary ARCH (1) Model" (with A. Louka), Journal of Time Series Econometrics (2016), 8(1), 21-39, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1515/jtse-2014-0034
- "On the Validity of Edgeworth Expansions and Moment Approximations for Three Indirect Inference Estimators" (with A. Demos), Journal of Econometric Methods (2016), https://doi.org/10.1515/jem-2015-0009.
- "Foreign direct investment in OECD countries: a special focus in the case of Greece" (with Tsionas, Mike G. and Baltas, Konstantinos), Applied Economics, Nov 2018, Vol. 50 Issue 52, p5579-5591. 13p. DOI:10.1080/00036846.2018.1488054.
- “Developments and Prospects of the Common Agricultural Policy,” 2017, Lambert Academic Policy.
- “EU Strategy on the governance of the Euro Area”, in S. Katsikides and H. Hanappi Eds., Society and Economics in Europe: Disparity versus Convergence, Springer 2016.
- “Germany and Greece: A mapping of their great divide and its EU implications,” European Research Studies Journal, XXI, 14-42, 2018.
- “Monetary Policy, Market Structure and the Income Share in the U.S,” Open Economies Review (2018), 29, 383-413.
- "Democracy and an Open-Economy World Order", Cham, Switzerland: Springer International Publishing AG, 2017, (Jointly as editors with Nicholas C. Kyriazis).
- "Το Κράτος στην Παγκόσμια Αυτορυθμιζόμενη Τάξη-Τρία Δοκίμια", Αθήνα: Εκδόσεις Παπαδόπουλος, 2017.
- "Economic crisis in the European periphery: An assessment of EMU membership and home policy effects based on the Greek experience", The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Volume 36, April 2016, 312-327 (Jointly with Bala Batavia and Parameswar Nandakumar). This paper in a much larger version and the same title was also published in George C. Bitros, Nicholas C. Kyriazis (Eds), Democracy and an Open-Economy World Order, Cham, Switzerland: Springer International Publishing AG, 2017, 181-206.
- "Lack of Economic Freedom in Greece is a Tragedy",The Heritage Foundation, Special Report, 2017, accessible in http://www.heritage.org/international-economies/report/the-lack-economic-freedom-greece-tragedy, (Jointly with James M. Roberts).
- “Ocean Shipping: By Far the Best Growth Model for Greece,” European Research Studies (2016), XIX, 44-58.
- “Economic crisis in the European periphery: An assessment of EMU membership and home policy effects based on the Greek experience” (with Bala Batavia and Parameswar Nandakumar), The North American Journal of Economics and Finance (2016), 36, 312-327.
- “The Dynamics of the EU Core-Periphery Division: Eastern vs. Southern Periphery-A Comparative Analysis from a New Economic Geography Perspective”, in Core-Periphery Patterns across the European Union: Case Studies and Lessons from Eastern and Southern Europe, Adelaide Duarte & Gabriela Carmen Pascariu (editors), Emerald P.L., 2017.
- “Rural development policy and local governance: Implementing the LEADER axis in Southeastern Peloponnese-Greece” (with A. Charda), Region and Periphery (2016), 5, 21-47.
- “Global imbalances and EU core-periphery division: Institutional framework and theoretical interpretations”, World Review of Political Economy (2016), 7 (1), 29-55.
George D. Demopoulos
- “What is the best institutional framework for the Eurozone so to function in an efficient manner?” (with N.A. Yannacopoulos), European Commission, Jean Monnet Seminar “EU a la carte?” (2016), 64-68.
- "Why macroeconomic coordination may not be possible in a monetary union: A game theoretic approach” (with N.A. Yannacopoulos), Journal of Economic Asymmetries (2016), 13.
- Credit Risk Modelling Under Recessionary and Financial distressed Conditions (with Elias Tzavalis and George Adraktas), Journal of Banking and Finance, 2018.
- On the determinants of NPLs: Lessons from Greece’’ (with Charalambakis, V. and E. Tzavalis), The Greek Debt Crisis: A Political Economy Perspective, Palgrave Macmillan, 2018.
- "Dynamic Status Effects, Savings and Income Inequality” with S. Turnovsky (University of Washington) and R. Wendner (University of Graz), forthcoming, International Economic Review.
- "Dynamic adjustment of fiscal policy under a debt crisis", Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, 2018, Elsevier, vol. 93(C), pages 260-276.
- “The European Framework for Regulating Telecommunications – a 25-year appraisal” with Martin Cave and Tommaso Valletti, Review of Industrial Organization, forthcoming.
- “The Impact of Markup Regulation on Prices” (with Pantelis Koutroumpis and Mario Pagliero), Journal of Industrial Economics, (June 2018), Volume 66, Issue 2, pp. 239-300.
- “Leveraging Monopoly Power by Limiting Inter-operability: Theory and Evidence from Computer Markets” (with Kai-Uwe Kühn and John Van Reenen), Economica (October 2018), Volume 85, Issue 340, pp. 873-902.
- “The Tale of the Two Greeces: Some Management Practices Lessons”, Managerial and Decision Economics (December 2018), Volume 39, Issue 8, pp. 888-896.
- “Evaluating Market Consolidation in Mobile Communications” (with Tommaso Valletti and Frank Verboven), Economic Policy (Jan 2018), Vol. 33, Issue 93, pp. 45–100.
- “Penalising Cartels – A Spectrum of Regimes” (with Motchenkova, E. and Ulph, D.) Journal of Antitrust Enforcement, 2019.
- “The role of judicial review in developing evidentiary standards: the example of market analysis in Russian competition law enforcement” (with Avdasheva S.and Golovanova, S.), International Review of Law & Economics, 2019.
- “On the Choice of Legal Standards: a Positive Theory for Comparative Analysis”, European Journal of Law and Economics, 2019.
- “On the Concepts of Legal Standards and Substantive Standards (and how the latter influences the choice of the former)”, Journal of Antitrust Enforcement, 2019 (forthcoming).
- “Antitrust Enforcement in Europe in the Last 25 Years: Developments and Challenges” (with Makri, G and Metsiou, E.), The Review of Industrial Organization, 2019.
- "Competition Policy and Labor Productivity Growth: Some new evidence” (with Benetatou K., K Kyriazidou and G Makri), Empirical Economics, 2019.
- “Public and private antitrust enforcement for cartels: should there be a common approach to sanctioning based on the overcharge rate?" (with Motchenkova E. and D Ulph), Journal of Contemporary Economics (Revista de Economia Contemporanea), 2019.
- “The Impact of Performance Measurement on the Selection of Performance Targets by Competition Authorities: the Russian Experience in an International Context” (with S Avdasheva and S Golovaneva). Public Performance and Management Review, 2018.
- “Optimal institutional structure of Competition Authorities under reputation maximization” a model and empirical evidence from the case of Russia” (with S Avdasheva and S Golovaneva). The Review of Industrial Organization, 2018.
- “The Deterrence Effects of Competition Policy”, with Adriaan Dierx, Fabienne Ilzkovitz and D Ulph, in "Ex Post Economic Evaluation of Competition Policy: The EU Experience". Edited by Adriaan Dierx, Fabienne Ilzkovitz, Wolters Kluwer, forthcoming 2018.
- “A methodology for empirically measuring the extent of economic analysis & evidence and identifying the legal standards in Competition Law enforcement” (with S Avdasheva and S Golovanova), in Festschrift in Honour of Frederic Jenny, Concurrences Review, forthcoming in 2018.
- "Why an increase in anti-trust penalties may be self-defeating?” in Festschrift in Honour of Frederic Jenny, Concurrences Review, forthcoming in 2018.
- “Legal Standards and the Role of Economics in Competition Law Enforcement” (with S Avdasheva and S Golovanaeva). The European Competition Journal, 2017.
- “Product Market Regulation and Competitiveness: Towards a National Competition and Competitiveness Policy in Greece,” with Christos Genakos and George Houpis, in C. Meghir, C. Pissarides, D. Vayanos and N. Vettas (eds.), “Beyond Austerity: Reforming the Greek Economy”, MIT Press, 2017.
- “Economic Analysis in Competition Law Enforcement in Russia: Empirical Evidence Based on Data of Judicial Review”, with S Avdasheva, S Golovanova and D Tsytsulina, in F Jenny and Y Katsoulacos (Editors) “Competition Law Enforcement in the BRICS and Developing Countries”, Springer International Publishing, 2017.
- “The Economics of Antitrust Sanctioning: a Brief Review”, with E Metsiou. In Bonakele Tembinkosi, E Fox and L Macnube (Editors) “Competition Policy for the New Era: Insights from BRICS and Developing Countries”, Oxford University Press, 2017.
- “Public and Private Antitrust Enforcement for Cartels: Should there be a Common Approach to Sanctioning Based on the Overcharge Rate?” (with E Motchenkova and D Ulph), CPI Antitrust Chronicle, October 2018.
- “Anti-trust sanctioning in China: how can the NDRC guidelines be further improved?” (with Jet Deng), Competition Policy International Antitrust Chronicle, August 2017.
- "The Market Power Requirement in Antitrust Enforcement and its Usefulness" (with V. Bageri) Economia e Politica Industriale, 2016.
- “Regulatory Decision Errors, Legal Uncertainty and Welfare: a General Treatment” (with D Ulph), International Journal of Industrial Organization, 2016.
- “Optimal Substantive Standards for Competition Authorities” (with Eleni Metsiou and David Ulph), Journal of Competition, Industry and Trade, 2016.
- “Legal Uncertainty, Competition Law Enforcement Procedures and Optimal Penalties” (with D. Ulph), European Journal of Law and Economics, 2016, 41(2), 255-282.
- “Market and Political Power Interactions in Greece: An Empirical Investigation” (with D. Papageorgiou, E. Tsionas, and V. Vassilatos), IZA Journal of Labor Policy, 23 January 2018, 7(1).
- “Market and Political Power Interactions in Greece: A Theory” (with D.Papageorgiou and V. Vassilatos), European Journal of Political Economy, 50, 2017, In Press, Corrected Proof, Available online 14 July 2017.
- “Competition Policy and Labor Productivity Growth: Some new evidence,” Co-authored by K. Benetatou, Yannis Kasoulakos and Galateia Makri, Empirical Economics, https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s00181-019-01656-x (2019).
- “Panel Vector Autoregressions with Binary Data,” Co-authored by Bo Honoré. In Panel Data Econometrics, Chapter 8, ed. by M. Tsionas (2019).
- Περί Πλούτου και Σταθερής Οικονομίας, Εκδ. Καστανιώτη 2018. (Wealth and Steady-State Economy, Kastaniotis, 2018).
- Η Πολιτική Οικονομία του Ησιόδου, Οικονομικό Επιμελητήριο Ελλάδος, 2018. (The political Economy of Hesiod, Economic Chamber of Greece, 2018).
- "Overeducation of University Graduates: A voluntary and rational choice of individuals - The case of three Greek Universities" (with A. Pseiridis and G. Agiomirgianakis), Theoretical Economic Letters, vol. 8, no. 11, October 2018.
- "Is University Education an Investment or a Consumption Good in a Small Open Economy?"( with A. Pseiridis and G. Agiomirgianakis), Int. J. Education Economics and Development,vol. 9, no. 3, 2018.
- "Steady State Economy and Population", South-East Europe Journal of Economics, Spring 2018, vol.16, No.1.
- "Steady State Economy at Optimal Population Size", Journal of Population and Sustainability at www.JPopSus.org.
- "The determinants of student satisfaction acquired by university education: The case of the Hellenic Open University"(with A. Pseiridis and G. Agiomirgianakis), Theoretical Economics Letters (2017),vol. 7, pp. 1318-1334.
- "A Market for Human Reproduction Rights", South-East Europe Journal of Economics, Spring 2017, vol. 15, No 1.
- “Aristotle on Population Size” 2016. HISTORY OF ECONOMIC IDEAS, v. xxiv, no. 2, pp. 11-26.
- Οι νόμοι της Ηλιθιότητας και οι νόμοι του συμφέροντος, 2η έκδοση, εκδ. Καστανιώτης 2016.
- Ευημερία χωρίς ανάπτυξη, Gutenberg 2016.
- “Are Banks Using Leverage to Target Return on Equity? Evidence from the US and the EU” (with Pagratis, S., Karakatsani, E.), Oxford Economic Papers (2019) forthcoming.
- “Non-performing loans in the euro area: Does market power matter?” (with Karadima, M.), BoG WP (2019), forthcoming.
- “Financing economic activity in Greece: Past challenges and future prospects” (with Migiakis, P.), GreeSE Papers no 135 (2019), HO/EI, LSE.
- “Banking concentration and firm growth: The role of size, location and financial crisis” (with Dimelis, S. and Giotopoulos, I.), Bulletin of Economic Research (2019), forthcoming.
- “Bank lending margins in the euro area: funding conditions, fragmentation and ECB’s policies” (with Migiakis, P.), Review of Financial Economics (2019), forthcoming.
- "Non-performing loans in the euro area: Are core-periphery banking markets fragmented?" (with Anastasiou, D.and Tsionas, M.), International Journal of Finance and Economics (2019), Vol. 24(1), 97-112.
- "A fourth pillar for Europe's banking union? The case for a pan-European asset management company" LSE europpblog article at following link: http://blogs.lse.ac.uk/europpblog/2017/12/04/a-fourth-pillar-for-europes-banking-union-the-case-for-a-pan-european-asset-management-company-in-the-eurozone/
- "Resolution strategies for non-performing loans : A post crisis European perspective", European Economy – Banks, regulation and the real sector (2017. 1), 135-144.
- "Can Firms Grow Without Credit? A Quantile Panel Analysis in the Euro Area" (with S. Dimelis and I. Giotopoulos), 2017, Journal of Industry,Competion and Trade,17(2), 153-183.
- Book review of Tsoukalis, L. (2016) “In Defence of Europe,” Oxford University Press, Journal of Modern Greek Studies (2017), 35(2), 605-608.
- “Determinants of non-performing loans: Evidence from euro-area countries” (with D. Anastasiou and M. Tsionas ), Finance Research Letters (2016), 18, 116-119.
- “What determines the growth of micro firms in the euro area?" (with S. Dimelis and I. Giotopoulos), Economics and Business Letters (2016), 5(4), 145-151.
- “Non-Performing Loans in the Euro Area: Are core-periphery banking markets fragmented?" (with D. Anastasiou and M. Tsionas), Bank of Greece WP 219, (Dec. 2016).
- “Bank Lending Margins in the Euro Area: The Effects of Financial Fragmentation and ECB Policies” (with P. Migiakis), LEQS Paper no. 105, 2016, LSE (Feb 2016).
Liberalization of product and labor markets: Efficiency and equity implications" (with P. Koliousi and A. Philippopoulos), Journal of Macroeconomics (2017), Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 92-106.
- “Bank capital buffers in a dynamic model,” (with Mankart M.and Michaelides A.), 2018, Journal of Financial Management, https://doi.org/10.1111/fima.12253.
- “System stress testing of bank liquidity risk,” (with Topaloglou N. and M. Tsionas), 2017, Journal of International Money and Finance, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jimonfin.2017.02.001.
- “Existing Corporate & Household Insolvency Frameworks: Characteristics, Weaknesses and Necessary Reforms" (with C. Lolou and N. Vettas) in Resolving Private Sector Insolvency: the Experience of the EU Periphery and the Case of Greece, P. Molyneux, ed., Palgrave MacMillan Studies in Banking and Financial Institutions (2017).
- “Immigration, Skill Heterogeneity and Qualification Mismatch,” with Xiangbo Liu and Xiaomeng Zhang, Economic Inquiry, July 2017, 55(3), pp. 1231-1264.
- “Pollution Abatement as a Source of Stabilization and Long-Run Growth,” Theodore Palivos and Dimitrios Varvarigos, Macroeconomic Dynamics, April 2017, 21(3), pp. 644-676.
- “Dynamic Trade, Endogenous Institutions and the Colonization of Hong Kong: A Staged Development Framework,” T. Terry Cheung, Theodore Palivos, Ping Wang, Yin-Chi Wang, and Chong K. Yip, 2017. NBER Working Paper 23937.
- “Corruption, Tax Evasion and Social Values,” Anastasia Litina and Theodore Palivos, Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization, April 2016, Volume 124, pp. 164-177.
Ioanna Sapfo Pepelasis
- "A break with the past? The shift from inward looking to internationally competitive and born global firms" (with Aimilia Protogerou), Managerial and Decision Economics, (online: December, 2018).
- "Why leverage does not always deliver: Lessons from the performance of the top 50 industrial firms in Greece during the Great Depression" (with Stefanos Zarkos & Constantine Aivalis), Business History, (online: July, 2018).
- “An unexplored facet of international business in Greece: Foreign and diaspora shareholders in joint stock company start-ups, 1833-1920” (with D. Varvaritis) Journal of Evolutionary Studies in Business, (2016) 2 (1), 100-128 (online).
- “A new perspective on Jewish enterprising in Greece (1830-1929): Evidence from the founding charters of Joint Stock Companies and biographical material” (with D, Varvaritis ) στο Άννα Μαχαιρά και Λήδα Παστεφανάκη “Εβραϊκές κοινότητες ανάμεσα σε Ανατολή και Δύση, 15ος-20ός αιώνας: οικονομία, κοινωνία, πολιτική, πολιτισμός”, εκδόσεις Ισνάφι, Ιωάννινα 2016, 207-216.
- “Public good provision with robust decision making” (with Konstantinos Angelopoulos and George Economides), Oxford Economic Papers (2017), 69, 118-142.
- “Tuition fees: User prices and private incentives” (with George Economides and Stelios Sakkas), European Journal of Political Economy (2017), 48, 91-103.
- “Human capital accumulation and transition to skilled employment” (with Konstantinos Angelopoulos and Jim Malley), Journal of Human Capital (2017), 11, 72-105.
- “Fiscal consolidation in an open economy with sovereign premia and without monetary policy independence” (with Petros Varthalitis and Vangelis Vassilatos), International Journal of Central Banking (2017), 13, 259-306.
- “Fiscal consolidation and its cross-country effects” (with Petros Varthalitis and Vangelis Vassilatos), Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control (2017), 83, 55-106.
- “Liberalization of product and labor markets: Efficiency and equity implications” (with Panagiota Koliousi and Natasha Miaouli), Journal of Macroeconomics (2017), 53, 92-106.
- “The Greek great depression: A general equilibrium study of its drivers,” in “Political Economy Perspectives on the Greek Crisis”, edited by I. Bournakis, C. Tsoukis, D. Christopoulos and T. Palivos, Palgrave Macmillan, 2017.
- “Models of Macroeconomic Theory and Policy” (with George Economides), Athens University of Economics and Business (in Greek), 2017.
- Editor of “Public Sector Economics and the Need for Reforms”, MIT Press and CESifo (2016), summer.
- “Did the Financial Crisis affect the Market Valuation of Large Systemic U.S. Banks?” (with Georgios Bertsatos and Mike G. Tsionas), Journal of Financial Stability (2017), v. 32, pp. 115–123.
- "A dynamic model of bank valuation” (with G. Bertsatos), Economics Letters (2016), 145, 15-18.
- "Financing energy investment" (in Greek), Proceedings of the Academy of Athens, Conference of Energy in Greece, Academy of Athens: Athens 2016.
- "Smooth Approximations to Monotone Concave Functions in Production Analysis: An Alternative to Nonparametric Concave Least Squares" (with Izzeldin, M.), European Journal of Operational Research (2018), 271, 3, pp. 797-807.
- "Measuring hotel performance: Toward more rigorous evidence in both scope and methods" (with Assaf, A.G.), Tourism Management (2018), 69, pp. 69-87.
- "Revisiting the returns of public infrastructure in Mexico: a limited information local likelihood estimation" (with Mamatzakis, E.), Economic Modelling (2018), 75, pp. 132-141.
- "Bayes factors vs. P-values" (George Assaf, A.),Tourism Management (2018), 67, pp. 17-31.
- "Debt Dynamics in Europe: A Network General Equilibrium GVAR Approach" (with Michaelides, P.G. and Konstantakis, K.N.), Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control (2018), 93, pp. 175-202.
- "A Novel Model of Costly Technical Efficiency" (with Izzeldin, M.), European Journal of Operational Research (2018), 268, 2, pp. 653-664.
- "Statistical inference in efficient production with bad inputs and outputs using latent prices and optimal directions" (with Atkinson, S.E. and Primont, D.), Journal of Econometrics (2018), 204, 2, p. 131-146.
- "Assessing the strategic fit of potential M&As in Chinese banking: A novel Bayesian stochastic frontier approach" (with Chen, Z. and Wanke, P.), Economic Modelling (2018), 73, pp. 254-263.
- "Changing The Basics: Toward More Use of Quantile Regressions in Hospitality and Tourism Research" (with Assaf, A.G), International Journal of Hospitality Management (2018), 72, pp. 140-144.
- "Measuring management practices" (with Delis, M.D.), International Journal of Production Economics (2018), 199, pp. 65-77.
- "Bayesian local influence analysis: With an application to stochastic frontiers", Economics Letters (2018), 165, pp. 54-57.
- "The estimation and decomposition of tourism productivity" (with Assaf, A.G.), Tourism Management (2018), 65, pp. 131-142.
- "Bayesian CV@R/super-quantile regression" (with Izzeldin, M.), Journal of Applied Statistics (2018).
- "Production of output and ideas: efficiency and growth patterns in the United States" (Drivas, K., Economidou, C.), Regional Studies (2018), 52, 1, pp. 105-118.
- "Note on Posterior Inference for the Bingham Distribution", Communications in Statistics-Theory and Methods (2018), 47, 12, pp. 3022-3028.
- "Did the financial crisis affect the market valuation of large systemic U.S. banks?" (with Bertsatos, G. and Sakellaris, P.), Journal of Financial Stability (2017), 32, pp. 115-123.
- Liquidity Creation Through Efficient M&As: A Viable Solution for Vulnerable Banking Systems? Evidence From a Stress Test Under a Panel VAR methodology" (with Baltas, K.N., Kapetanios, G. and Izzeldin M.), Journal of Banking and Finance (2017), 83, pp. 36-56.
- "Neglected chaos in international stock markets: Bayesian analysis of the joint return-volatility dynamical system" (with Michaelides, P.G.), Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications (2017), 482, pp. 95-107.
- "A Bayesian approach to find Pareto optima in multiobjective programming problems using Sequential Monte Carlo algorithms", Omega: The International Journal of Management Science (2017).
- "Destination characteristics that drive hotel performance: a state-of-the-art global analysis" (with George Assaf, A., Josiassen, A., Woo, L., Agbola, F.W.), Tourism Management (2017), 60, pp. 270-279.
- "Microfoundations for stochastic frontiers", European Journal of Operational Research, (2017), 258, 3, pp. 1165-1170.
- "System stress testing of bank liquidity risk" (with Pagratis, S.and Topaloglou, N.), Journal of International Money and Finance (2017), 73, Part A, pp. 22-40.
- "The profit function system with output- and input-specific technical efficiency", Economics Letters (2017), 151, pp. 111-114.
- "Asymmetric price adjustment in the US gasoline industry: evidence from Bayesian threshold dynamic panel data models" (with Polemis, M.L.), International Journal of the Economics of Business (2017), 24, 1, pp. 91-128.
- "The long-run causal relationship between exports and economic growth in the Euro area" (with Konstantakopoulou, I.), Applied Economics Letters (2017), 24, 8, pp. 536-539.
- “When, Where, and How” of Efficiency Estimation: Improved Procedures for Stochastic Frontier Modeling", Journal of the American Statistical Association (2017). 112, 519, pp. 948-965.
- "On the estimation of zero-inefficiency stochastic frontier models with endogenous regressors" (with Tran, K.C.), Economics Letters (2016), 147, pp. 19-22.
- "Business cycle determinants and fiscal policy: a panel ARDL approach for EMU" (with Papageorgiou, T. and Michaelides, P.G.), Journal of Economic Asymmetries (2016), 13, pp. 57-68.
- "Foreign direct investment determinants in OECD and developing countries" (with Economou, F., Hassapis, C. and Philippas, N.), Review of Development Economics (2016).
- "An alternative semiparametric approach to the modelling of asymmetric gasoline price adjustment" (with Polemis, M.L.), Energy Economics (2016), 56, pp. 384-388.
- "Generalized Fixed-T Panel Unit Root Tests" (with Y. Karavias), Scandinavian Journal of Statistics (2019), forthcoming.
- “The Influence of Real Interest Rates and Risk Premium Effects on the Ability of the Nominal Term Structure to Forecast Inflation” (with E. Argyropoulos), Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance (2019), forthcoming.
- "Credit risk modelling under recessionary and financially distressed conditions" (with Dendramis and Adraktas), Journal of banking and Finance (2018), 91, 160-175.
- "Higher Order Expansions for Error Variance Matrix Estimates in the Gaussian AR(1) Linear Regression Model” (with Y. Karavias and S. Symeonides), Statistics and Probability Letters (2018), 135, 54-59.
- “Bayesian analysis of autoregressive models with multiple structural breaks” (with L. Meligkotsidou and I. Vrontos), Econometrics and Statistics (2017), 4, 70-90.
- "On the determinants of NPLs: Lessons from Greece” (with E. Charalambakis and Y. Dendramis), in “The Greek Debt Crisis: A Political Economy Perspective”, Eds, Bournakis, I., D.K. Christopoulos, T. Palivos and C. Tsoukis, Palgrave Macmillan (2017), pp 289-309.
- “Pricing and hedging contingent claims using variance and higher-order moment swaps” (with L. Rompolis), Quantitative Finance (2017), 17, 531-550.
- "Retrieving Risk Neutral Moments and Expected Quadratic Variation from Option Prices" (with L. Rompolis), Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting (2017), 48, 955-1002.
- "Size corrected significance tests in Seemingly Unrelated Regressions with autocorrelated errors" (with S. Symeonides and Y. Karavias), Journal of Time Series Econometrics (2017), 9, 1-41.
- “Local Power of Panel Unit Root Tests Allowing for Structural Breaks” (with Y. Karavias), Econometric Reviews (2017), 36, 1123-1156.
- “Forecasting economic activity based on the slope and curvature yield curve factors” (with E. Argyropoulos), North American Journal of Economics and Finance (2016), 36, 293-211.
- “A comparison of investors' sentiments and risk premium effects on valuing shares” (with Y. Karavias and S. Spilioti), Finance Research Letters (2016), 7, 1-6.
- “Local power of fixed-T panel unit root tests with serially correlated errors and incidental trends" (with Y. Karavias), Journal of Time Series Analysis (2016), 37, 222-239.
- “Market and Political Power Interactions in Greece: An Empirical Investigation” (with D. Papageorgiou, E. Tsionas, and T. Kollintzas), IZA Journal of Labor Policy (2018), 23.
- “Market and Political Power Interactions in Greece: A Theory” (with T. Kollintzas and D. Papageorgiou), European Journal of Political Economy (2018), 53, 59-83.
- “Fiscal Consolidation in an Open Economy with Sovereign Premia and without Monetary Policy Independence” (with A. Philippopoulos and P. Varthalitis), International Journal of Central Banking (2017), 259-306.
- “Fiscal consolidation and its cross-country effects” (with A. Philippopoulos and P. Varthalitis), Journal of Economic Dynamics & Control (2017), 83, 55-106.
- “Economic crisis and export‐oriented entrepreneurship: Evidence from Greece”, with Ioannis Giotopoulos, Managerial and Decision Economics, Vol. 39, No. 8, December 2018.
- "Beyond Austerity. Reforming the Greek Economy", Volume Editor, with C. Meghir, Ch. Pissarides and D. Vayanos, 728 pages, MIT Press, 2017.
- "Πέρα από τη λιτότητα: για μ,ια νέα δυναμική στην Ελληνική οικονομία", επιμέλεια τόμου, με τους Δ. Βαγιανό, Κ. Μεγήρ και Χρ. Πισσαρίδη, 792 σελ., Πανεπιστημιακές Εκδόσεις Κρήτης, 2017.
- “Education and the Greek Economy”, Chapter 8, pp. 309-358, in Beyond Austerity: Reforming the Greek Economy, MIT Press, 2017.
- “Competition and Regulation in Markets for Goods and Services: A Survey with Emphasis on Digital Markets”, Chapter V, pp. 4-47, in Economics without Borders. Economic Research for European Policy. Challenges, ed. by R. Blundell, E. Cantillon, B. Chizzolini, M. Ivaldi, W. Leininger, R. Marimon, L. Matyas, T. Ogden and F. Steen, Cambridge University Press, 2017.
- “Existing Corporate and Household Insolvency Frameworks: Characteristics, Weakness and Necessary Reforms”, with S. Pagratis and C. Lolou, Chapter 14, pp. 337-362, in Non-performing Loans and Resolving Private Sector Insolvency, ed. by P. Monokroussos and C. Gortsos, Palgrave Macmillan, 2017.
- “Characteristics and Possible Solutions to Problems Related to Loans to SMEs in Greece”, with S. Stavraki and M. Vassiliadis, Chapter 13, pp. 307-333, in Non-performing Loans and Resolving Private Sector Insolvency, ed. by P. Monokroussos and C. Gortsos, Palgrave Macmillan, 2017.
- "Επιδράσεις μεταρρυθμίσεων στους τομείς διεθνώς εμπορεύσιμων αγαθών και υπηρεσιών" με τους Μ. Βασιλειάδη, Μ. Παπαδάκη και Κ. Πέππα, σελ. 53-76, Οικονομικό Δελτίο της Τράπεζας της Ελλάδος, Τεύχος 46, Δεκέμβριος 2017.
- "Οι προσδιοριστικοί παράγοντες της εξωστρέφειας των νέων επιχειρήσεων", με τους Ι. Γιωτόπουλο, Ε. Βαλαβανιώτη και S. Danchev, σελ. 7-19, Οικονομικό Δελτίο της Τράπεζας της Ελλάδος, Τεύχος 43, Ιούλιος 2016.
- "The determinants of new firms' export performance", with I. Giotopoulos, E. Valavanioti and S. Danchev, pp. 7-17, in the Economic Bulletin, Bank of Greece, No. 43, July 2016.
- "The EU’s Emissions Trading System, Part 1: Taking Stock", Capitalism, Nature, Socialism, 2017, Vol.28, no 2, pp. 84-106 (with G. Pantelias).
- "The EU’s Emissions Trading System, Part 2: A Political Economy Critique", Capitalism, Nature, Socialism, 2017, Vol. 28, no3, pp.108-127 (with G. Pantelias).
- "Appropriating Nature in Crisis-ridden Greece: The Rationale of Capitalist Restructuring", Part 1, Capitalism, Nature, Socialism, 2017, Vol 28, no 4, pp. 48-61 (with C. Konstantinidis).
- "Appropriating Nature in Crisis-ridden Greece: Deepening Neoliberal Capitalism", Part 2, Capitalism, Nature, Socialism, 2018, 29:2, pp. 108-121 (with C. Konstantinidis).
- "Ecological Challenges: A Marxist Response” in T. Burczak, R. Garnett, and R. McIntyre (ed.), Knowledge, Class, and Economics: Marxism without Guarantees, London and New York: Routledge, 2018, pp. 485-501.