Facts and Figures
Established back in 1920, AUEB is the oldest state university in Greece in the fields of Economics and Business Administration. It is comprised of 3 Schools and 8 Departments.
AUEB offers a total of 39 full time and part time Master’s level postgraduate programs, has a dynamic 197 member teaching staff, 50 visiting and adjunct lecturers, and hosts 33 Research Laboratories.
- School of Economic Sciences
- Department of Economics
- Department of International and European Economic Studies
- School of Business
- Department of Business Administration
- Department of Marketing and Communication
- Department of Accounting and Finance
- Department of Management Science and Technology
- School of Information Sciences & Technology
- Department of Statistics
- Department of Informatics
AUEB is ranked among top Business Schools internationally:
- According to QS World University Rankings (2019), AUEB was ranked among places 101-150 in the field of Business and Management Studies and 150-200 in the field of Accounting and Finance.
- According to Microsoft Academic Search AUEB was ranked at the top 10% internationally (taking into account research publications and citations over time), and at the top 2% in Europe (taking into account research publications and citations over the last five years), in the scientific field of Financial Economics.
- According to Eduniversal sixteen (16) Graduate programs of AUEB occupied very high positions within the best 200 programs in Europe in their specific scientific fields., while AUEB, as an institution, achieved the 49th position in 2014 among the best 1000 business schools internationally, and was thus rated as a Top Business School (4 stars).
- Was ranked as a top University according to Shanghai List 2017 (Academic Ranking of World Universities –ARWU)
- Is the first public university in Greece that received the distinction of excellence, according to the internationally accepted EFQM (European Foundation of Quality Management) Excellence Model.