Upon arrival in Greece all international students have to go through the following steps:
1. Register at the University
2. Apply for a residence permit. The following documentation is necessary:
- Two photocopies of the passport (showing the first page as well as the page with the stamped visa).
- Two coloured passport size photos.
- Two copies of a confirmation letter that the student is registered at AUEB (provided by the Secretariat of the program, in Greek).
- Two copies of a document that proves the student has sufficient funds to cover his/her expenses while studying in Athens (e.g. bank account statement or a letter from the University for Scholarship Holders).
- Two copies of a health certificate from a Greek Public Hospital stating that the student does not suffer from any contagious decease (the University will arrange an appointment).
- The health insurance booklet provided by the Secretariat upon registration as mentioned above.
3. Apply to DOATAP (Hellenic National Academic Recognition Information Centre (NARIC) for recognition and validation of Bachelor's degree. Documents required for degree recognition:
- Application form (see www.doatap.gr).
- Certified photocopy of passport.
- Photocopy of residence permit.
- Copy of High School Diploma. Students from non EU countries upon arrival in Greece should go to the Embassy of their country in Athens with their high school diploma and request a statement from the cultural attach indicating that the holder of the specific high school diploma has the right to enter higher education.
- Original copy of the University degree.
- Original transcript from the University.
- Validated copy of University degree and transcript.