The lesson is the continuation of the Accounting I course. It highlights the importance of analyzing accounting information and the role played by such information, as reflected in the accounting and financial statements, for making business decisions. Proper analysis and interpretation of accounting statements is an important tool for external and internal users to make rational future economic decisions.
The purpose of the course "Accounting ΙΙ" is for the student to understand the usefulness of financial statements analysis and the importance of the proper processing of the multitude and variety of financial information and data so that optimal decisions can be made. Particular importance is given to students being able to interpret the qualitative characteristics of the quantitative data they derive from the accounting statements so that they can be used for future decisions.
Upon completion of the course the student will be able to:
- Understand the results of the financial statements
- Compile the information required for decision making
- Distinguish problems that arise through the study of accounting statements
- Make proposals for administrative and strategic choices
- Develop analytical and critical thinking skills in administration and management