Y3. Management, curation and publication of digital assets
Instructor: Christos Papatheodorou
Mandatory, Teaching Period A, ECTS: 6
- Typology of the information sources
- Repositories and Digital Libraries – Software platforms
- Repositories and Digital Libraries – Management issues
- Digital Curation: Life cycle
- Metadata: Introduction, Dublin Core, MODS, EAD
- Digital Resources identification, the DOI standard
- Digital Preservation principles
- Text Encoding
- Digital Resources Publishing – Open Science and Open Access principles
Target Learning Outcomes
After successfully completing the course, students will be able to:
- Acquire knowledge on Digital Resources Life Cycle and Digital Curation
- Practice on Digital Library Management platforms (Omeka)
- Acquire knowledge on Text Encoding
- Michael Lesk, Understanding Digital Libraries, Second Edition, Elsevier
Slides, texts and bibliography assigned through the Web page of the course.
One three-hour lecture per week, modelling and analysis assignments.
The course grade, Β, is derived from the average grade of assignments, Ε, and participation, Σ, as follows: Β = 0,9Ε+0,1Σ.
Language of instruction: Greek