Each year, one or more rounds of applications for admission of postgraduate students are announced, from April to the end of August. The required supporting documents are, as an indication, the following:
- Recent Photograph
- Copy of Bachelor Degree (for graduates). Student currently finish their degree must submit a declaration form stating that if they get accepted in the program its under the condition that they will finish their postgraduate studies by the following September.
- Graduates of foreign universities must submit a certificate of recognition from the Hellenic National Academic Recognition and Information Center (NARIC)
- Copy of grades from all years of study.
- Two letters of recommendation
- Curriculum Vitae mentioning any published scientific papers and work experience.
- Short essay of interest in which they should mention why they are interested in the program.
- Proof of good knowledge of English (at least level C1)
Candidates must submit their application online at the secretary of Postgraduate and Doctorate program.
The selection criteria of the candidates are defined in the announcement and include, indicatively: degree, grade in undergraduate courses (especially those related to the courses of the program), scientific works, any work experience, type of research and / or professional experience, knowledge of English, knowledge of another foreign language, personal interview, letters of recommendation from faculty members and / or employers.
The process of choosing students is the following
- Those candidates who meet the formal and / or minimum criteria are invited for an interview before at least two (2) members of the Candidate Evaluation Committee.
- Internal examinations are performed, if this is foreseen and necessary.
- The Commission makes the final selection taking into account all available data and compiles a list of successful candidates and runners-up in order of success.
- Every candidate who is admitted to the program is invited within a reasonable time to secure his place in the program by pre-registering and submitting an advance payment of tuition fees.
- After the end of the pre-registration period, it is possible to accept runners-up in order of success.