International Monetary Economics
Type of course: Compulsory for Specialization “International economics and finance”
Number of credits allocated: 6 ECTS Credits
Objective of the course
Understanding international economic and monetary relations, deepending in external relations of the economy from the point of view of macroeconomics
- monetary relations in the open economy
- exchange rates and fundamentals, expectations
- optimizing models of the current account
- monetary and fiscal policy in the open economy
- external debt and sustainability
- S. Kalyvitis and I. Vlachaki, “International Monetary and Open Economy Macroeconomics, Gutenberg editions 2011 (in greek).
- McConnell C.R., Brue S.L. και Flynn S. “Economics: Principles, Problems and Policies”, (20th ed., McGraw-Hill, 2014).
Teaching methods: Lectures
Assessment methods: Final written exam (100%)
Language of instruction: Greek