Ε5. Design Thinking and Innovation
Instructor: Athanasios Androutsos
Elective, Teaching Period C, ECTS: 6,
Students should have basic knowledge in programming (e.g. in Python)
Target Learning Outcomes
After successfully completing the course, students will be able to:
- Identify real-world problems and design innovative solutions with user participation
- Design and develop web-based pages and applications with modern technologies and methods.
- Design user interfaces based on UX / UI Design methodologies and apply them to real problems
- Demonstrate professional skills in innovative design of solutions to real-world problems, such as: collaboration, co-creation, time management, design thinking, innovation, creativity.
- Tim Brawn, Change by Design: How Design Thinking Transforms Organizations and Inspires Innovation, HarperBusines, 2009.
- Simon Sinek, Start with Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action, Portfolio, 2011.
- Διαφάνειες, κείμενα και αναφορές που δίνονται μέσω της ιστοσελίδας του μαθήματος. / Presentations, texts and references given through the course website.
Teaching and Learning Activities
One three-hour lecture per week.
Assessment and Grading Methods
The final grade is the average of the grade of a teamwork (project) based on the design-thinking methodology (70%) and the grade of an individual assignment and presentation on a specific topic (weight 30%).