6th International Conference on Education for Human Security | March 7 – 9, 2023
From March 7 – 9, 2023, the 6th International Conference on Education for Human Security took place online. The conference examined the relevance and applicability of the human security approach to different fields of higher education. It sought to generate awareness and initiate active discussion among educators and universities on the central importance of the Human Security Approach as an integral component of higher education.
This conference was conducted in support of HS4A, a global campaign to generate awareness and elicit active support and participation from all major sectors and sections of global society in an unprecedented effort to release and mobilize the untapped energies and capacities of humanity in pursuit of human security for all. Find here the collaborating organizations.
On Thursday, 9th March, Prof. Koundouri moderated the session “Education to Promote ESGs & SDGs for Human Security”. The discussion focused on how can education in business and the economy enhance support for human security with an emphasis on ESGs and SDGs as performance indicators.
- Yannis IOANNIDIS, Professor, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens/ Affiliated Professor, Athena Research Center/ Co-founder of the SDSN Global Climate Hub / ACM President
- Pavlos KAVOURAS, Professor National and Kapodistrian University of Athens
- Sam LONI, Program Director, UN Sustainable Development Solutions Network, Research Associate, University of Oxford.
Watch the video here
Also, Prof. Koundouri was invited as a keynote speaker at the Closing Plenary Session of the Conference. During her speech, Prof. Koundouri said that education is the main drive for any change that can be stimulated… “Design developed and implemented by humans, so what is crucial is to increase the level of understanding of what human security refers to as different aspects of human security and we need to be very clear about what we want to achieve in this human security framework”.
The session moderated by Donato KINIGER-PASSIGLI, Vice President (Social Sciences and Humanities), WAAS
- Remus PRICOPIE, President, National Univ of Political Studies and Public Administration, Romania (SNSPA); President, WUC
- Phoebe KOUNDOURI, Chair, SDSN Global Climate Hub and Co-Chair, SDSN Europe; Prof., Athens Univ of Economics and Business
- Garry JACOBS, Executive Chair, HS4A and President, WAAS
Watch the video here