EU Hybrid Side Event at COP26 – Climate Neutrality and Biodiversity: Renewables Assets, Reporting Standards and Sustainable Finance
EU Hybrid Side Event at COP26 – Climate Neutrality and Biodiversity: Renewables Assets, Reporting Standards and Sustainable Finance | November 3, 2021 5:00 PM CET.
Prof. Koundouri, as President- elect of the European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists participated at the EU Hybrid Side Event at COP26 “Climate Neutrality and Biodiversity: Renewables Assets, Reporting Standards and Sustainable Finance” on November 3rd. The session was focused on technological, economic and political pathways to climate neutrality. Speakers including high-level representatives of academia, International Standards-Setting Bodies, Businesses and Financial Institutions. Her intervention concerned the Maritime Spatial and Dynamic Planning for a sustainable Blue Growth, including shipping, coastal and offshore energy production and the protection of the marine ecosystem.
The session was organized by EAERE and co-organized by Global Reporting Initiative (GRI); NextEnergy Capital Group; School of Economics and ReSEES Laboratory, Athens University of Economics and Business Sustainable Development Unit, ATHENA Information Technology Research Center; FSR Climate - European University Institute; University College London.
- Phoebe Koundouri – Professor and Director of ReSEES Laboratory, Athens University of Economics and Business; President Elect of European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists; Director Sustainable Development Unit, Athena Information Technology Center; Co-chair Sustainable Development Solutions Network-Europe; Fellow World Academy of Art and Science (& Moderator)
- Simone Borghesi – Director Florence School of Regulation Climate, European University Institute and University of Siena, Italy
- Ian Bateman – OBE, US-NAS, FBA, FRSA, FRSB, Director: Land, Environment, Economics & Policy Institute (LEEP), University of Exeter Business School, UK
- Peter Paul van de Wijs – Chief External Affairs Officer, Global Reporting Initiative (GRI)
- Harold Pauwels – Director Standards, Global Reporting Initiative (GRI)
- Shane Swords – Managing Director, Head of Investor Relations, NextEnergyCapital
- Michael Bonte-Friedheim – Founding Partner & Group Chief Executive Officer, NextEnergyCapital
- Markus H.-P. Müller - Managing Director, Global Head of Chief Investment Office Private Bank, Deutsche Bank
Learn more here.
The discussion can be watched at the following link at YouTube