The priority of the master in Applied Economics and Finance is to bring together high-quality students, who are interested in the applications of modern economic science to practical problems of the private and public sector, with the high-level academic staff of the Department of Economics of the Athens University of Economics and Business .
Specifically, the goals of the Program are:
Preparing students to tackle real-world economic problems by building a solid foundation in the theory and practice of economic analysis as well as cultivating communication and collaboration skills.
- The application of the provided scientific knowledge with particular emphasis on the use of appropriate modern quantitative tools in teaching.
- Cultivating a spirit of entrepreneurship and innovation with organized lectures from distinguished systems.
- Monitoring developments in economic science research at an international level, with the organization of lectures and presentations by distinguished scientists.
- The monitoring and analysis of economic developments in Greece and the world with seminars and lectures from the economic world system.
- The contribution to the modernization and development of the Greek economy and the improvement of the country's competitiveness, with the development of students' skills and knowledge in the new methods and practices of economic analysis.