Graduate Study Program "Master of Science in Data Science"
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS FOR ADMISSION
Applications deadline for the Part Time Program extended until August 14th 2017.
|Full Time||Part Time|
|Call for Applications for Admission|
|Call for Applications for Admission - Summary|
|Application Form||Online Application form|
|Recommendation Letter||PDF / WORD|
The Full time program of study “Master of Science in Data Science” is addressed to excellent recent graduates, or midcareer professionals looking to upskill, with strong technical/math skills, from engineering, mathematics, statistics, finance, economics, operations research, and computer science.
The Part time program of study “Master of Science in Data Science” is addressed to early- and Mid-career professionals (at least 2 years full time professional experience) wanting to face the challenge of understanding and exploiting the deluge of data in their organizations.
Applications are accepted until August 14th, 2017. Tuition fees for the full time program are €5.500 (EU citizens)/ €9.000 (non-EU citizens), payable in three installments. Tuition fees for the part time program are €7.500, payable in three installments. Places are limited. Limited number of merit-based scholarships is available.
Submit your application online at: http://e-graduate.applications.aueb.gr/
Each online application is required to include the following:
- Completed and signed application form with photo
- Copy of all university degrees/diplomas received
- Copy of transcripts of grades in Greek or English. Accepted candidates must submit official transcripts
- Certificate of equivalence for degrees from foreign Universities, issued by NARIC/DOATAP (or proof that an application for certification has been filed -- admission is contingent on submission of the certificate by January 2017)
- Proof of knowledge of English: Certificate of Proficiency in English from U. of Michigan/ Cambridge, TOEFL (at least 80), IELTS (at least 7) or other equivalent.
- GRE scores (if available – recommended)
- Copies of employment history records (required for the Part Time Program)
- CV in English
- Application fee of 25 euros to be deposited in National Bank of Greece, Account number: 110/001372-21, IBAN number: GR18 0110 1100 0000 1100 0137 221 (Part Time Program), Account number: 110/00155983, IBAN number: GR75 0110 1100 0000 1100 0155 983 (Full Time Program). Deposit receipt must be attached to the application.
Also two recommendation letters are required in order for your application to be valid. Recommendation letters must be sent to the program’s secretary e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Full time Program duration is 1 year. Students complete 60 units of coursework (40 units of core courses and 20 units of electives). Full courses are worth 5-6 units, half courses are worth 3 units. There are 3 teaching periods of 10 weeks each per year. After completion of coursework, students undertake an intense 3-month integrated Capstone Project in collaboration with industry, with joint academic and industrial supervision, for 15 units.
Part Time Program duration is 2 years. Students complete 75 units of coursework (40 units of core courses and 35 units of electives). Full courses are worth 5-6 units, half courses are worth 3 units. There are 3 teaching periods of 10 weeks each per year. Students can replace 15 units of coursework with an integrated Capstone Project in collaboration with industry, or a faculty-supervised research thesis, with Director approval. Required classes take place twice a week, 6:00-9:00pm.
Attendance of lectures and laboratory sessions is mandatory. Students are required to complete 1-3 preparatory courses in Statistics, Mathematics, and Computer Science, as decided by the Admissions Committee. Each course comprises 4 3-hour lectures and a final exam.