Information Processing Laboratory
The Information Processing Lab is part of the Division of Information Systems and Databases of the Department of Informatics at the Athens University of Economics and Business. The Lab supports the research and teaching of the Department of Informatics mostly in the following scientific areas:
- Document Management,
- Information Retrieval,
- Artificial Intelligence,
- Natural Language Processing,
- Machine Learning,
- Data Mining,
- Distributed Information Processing,
- Big Data Processing,
- Computer Graphics and Visual Computing,
- Image Processing and Computer Vision.
The Lab includes the following closely collaborating research groups:
- Information Retrieval Group, directed by Prof. T. Kalamboukis,
- Natural Language Processing Group, directed by Prof. I. Androutsopoulos,
- Computer Graphics Group, directed by Assist. Prof. G. Papaioannou,
- Machine Learning and Data Mining Group, directed by Prof. M. Vazirgiannis,
- Data Science Group, directed by Prof. V. Vassalos.
Director of the Lab is Prof. I. Androutsopoulos. The Lab includes the following faculty and teaching staff of the Department of Informatics:
- I. Androutsopoulos, Professor,
- M. Vazirgiannis, Professor,
- V. Vassalos, Professor,
- T. Kalamboukis, Professor,
- A. Kyriakopoulou, teaching staff,
- G. Papaioannou, Assistant Professor,
- M. Titsias, Assistant Professor.
The Lab and its groups participate in national and international research and technological development projects. They support post-doctoral researchers, PhD students, graduate and undergraduate students who are active in the above scientific areas. They also support, when necessary, related undergraduate and graduate courses of the Department.
More information on the projects, publications, activities etc. of the members and the research groups of the Lab, including CVs of the faculty and teaching staff of the Lab, can be found on the web pages of its research groups and its members.
The lab is located in AUEB’s Troias building (Troias 2, Kimolou and Spetson str., see https://www.aueb.gr/el/content/egkatastaseis), room 301, 3rd floor. It is open during the days and times when the Troias building is open.