SDGs lunch with the Her Majesty Queen Mathilde of Belgium
Greek sustainability leaders, selected by Her Majesty Queen Mathilde of Belgium: Prof. Phoebe Koundouri had the honor of being selected by Her Majesty Queen Mathilde of Belgium, as one of the 7 Greek sustainability leaders.
On May 4th, during the occasion of the State Visit of the Hellenic Republic of Their Majesties the King and the Queen of the Belgians, Her Majesty Queen Mathilde of Belgium invited us, the 7 Sustainability leaders for a lunch at the King George Hotel, during which we discussed Greek and European progress with regards to implementing the 17 SDGs of UN Agenda 2030 and related challenges.
Prof. Phoebe Koundouri updated the Queen about AE4RIA’s work on the acceleration of SDGs implementation and she also shared information on the new UN SDSN Global Climate Hub, which was announced on May 3rd at the launch event of the 2nd Report of the SDSN’s Senior Working Group on European Green Deal, and will be launched next July during the “Workshop on Ancient Wisdom forModern Challenges” to be held in Athens, with a mission to develop national pathways for the implementation of SDG13, for all interested countries across the world.
Part of this notable ensemble of actors in the implementation of the SDGs in Greece, including among others:
- Zoe Rapti, Deputy Minister of Health.
- Phoebe Koundouri, Professor, President European Association Environmental and Resource Economists, Co-Chair UN SDSN Europe.
- Lia Papazoglou, Co-Founder – Ecogenia
- Theodora Antonakaki, Climate and Sustainability Advisor at the Bank of Greece.
- Dimitra Konsta, Project Manager of Adaptive Greece.
- Christos Zeferos, Secretary General of the Academy of Athens.
- Elise Jalladeau, General Director of Thessaloniki film festival.
- Paulina Spandoni, Social Policy Advisor at Presidency of the Government, General Secretariat of Coordination.