Department of Economics
The Department of Economics constantly strives to maintain its high level of research and teaching standards. It covers a wide range of economic studies in micro-and macroeconomic analysis, banking and finance, public and monetary economics, international and rural economics, labour economics, industrial organization and strategy, economics of the environment and natural resources, economic history and relevant quantitative tools of mathematics, statistics and econometrics.
The Department is the oldest Department of Economics in Greece with a pioneering role in organising postgraduate studies in Economics since 1978. Its priority has always been to bring together highly qualified academics and top quality students. Faculty members specialize in a wide range of topics in economics, with teaching and research experience in world-class universities and publications in top academic journals.
Its undergraduate program attracts high quality students who, after successful completion of their studies, have excellent prospects for employment in the private and public sector, including areas such as business, banking, finance and advisory services. Also, graduates of the program have solid foundations in economics and related tools that are regularly admitted to top graduate programs internationally. Three specializations are offered:1. Economic Theory and Policy, 2. Business Economics and Finance and 3. International and European Economics.
The postgraduate programs of the Department are highly regarded and attract a large number of quality candidates every year. The Department offers:
- a full-time Master’s program MSc in Applied Economics and Finance
- a part-time Master’s program MSc in Applied Economics and Finance
- a Doctoral Program (Ph.D) in Economics
The Department of Economics also co-organises the following four inter-departmental Master’s Programs:
- full-time MSc in Economics (jointly with the Department of International & European Economic Studies - DIEES)
- full-time MSc in Finance and Banking (jointly with the Department of International & European Economic Studies - DIEES)
- part-time MSc in Finance and Banking (jointly with the Department of International & European Economic Studies - DIEES)
- part-time MSc in Public Policy & Public Management (jointly with the Department of International & European Economic Studies - DIEES and the Department of Management Science & Technology)
For further information, please contact the relevant Secretariat.