The Department of Management Science and Technology has been operating since 1999 and is already considered among the top in Greek universities in terms of bases in the entrance exams, the recent evaluation by the National Information System for Quality Assurance in Higher Education (NISQA), the academic excellence recognized by international scientific associations and independent bodies, but also the substantial two-way interconnection with society and the labor market.
Students admitted to the internationally oriented MSc (Master of Science) program in Management Science and Technology will have the opportunity to:
- Attend courses with advanced learning techniques in a modern curriculum based on the following scientific areas: a) Quantitative Methods, Operational Research and Business Analytics, b) Digital Technologies Management and e-Business, c) Organizational Studies, Business Strategy and Innovation, d) Supply Chain and Logistics Management.
- Further specialize in academic work by utilizing the six major Research Laboratories of the Department of Management Science and Technology that rank among the top in European Business Schools based on their international collaborations, European R&D projects and scientific activity/output.
- Prepare for professional certifications in important functions/tools such as project management, business analysis, enterprise resource planning systems etc.
- Gain access to dynamic and prospective workplaces through their Field Study Project and the department's overall link with leading Greek enterprises and organizations.
- Continue their studies in the doctoral program of the Department, which already has 90+ graduates/PhDs who continue their successful academic career in Greece and also in countries such as USA, Switzerland, Great Britain, Denmark, Netherlands, Germany, Spain, Cyprus etc.
- Create the conditions for an international career as executives/analysts of extroverted Greek businesses or international business groups, but also as academics/researchers in highly valued universities/research institutes abroad.
- Take advantage of the synergies between the six other Postgraduate Programs (MBA/MSc) that the Department participates, such as International MBA, Business Analytics, Human Resource Management, Executive MBA, Heritage Management, Shipping and Finance Management, Public Administration Management.
Professor George Lekakos, Director