The priority of the MSc in Business Economics with Analytics is to offer its students the necessary training in modern methods of economics based on econometric and data analytical methods in business economics with analytical methods. This training covers the professional and research needs and the orientation of the graduates of the program either in companies or organizations in the country, or abroad. In recent years, especially in the Greek economy and the labor market, there has been an increase in the need for economists to use econometric methods based on data analysis tools and computational methods, both in the field of analysis and in matters of economic policy. The proposed master's program intends to fill this gap, offering the Greek Economy, primarily, the above education, relying on the high level of the academic staff of the Department of Economics of the Athens University of Economics.
Specifically, the goals of the Program are:
- The preparation of students to deal with problems of the economy, markets and business, as well as organizations by creating a solid foundation in the theory and practice of economic analysis using analytical and computational methods, as well as communication and collaboration.
- The application of the provided scientific knowledge with particular emphasis on the use of appropriate modern methods and analytical tools in teaching.
- Cultivating a spirit of entrepreneurship and innovation and organizing lectures by distinguished business executives.
- Monitoring developments in economic science research at an international level, with the organization of lectures and presentations by distinguished scientists.
- The monitoring and analysis of economic developments in Greece and the world with seminars and lectures by executives from the business world.
- The contribution to the modernization, know-how and development of the Greek economy and improvement of the competitiveness of the country, with the development of skills and knowledge of its students in the new methods and practices of economic analysis.
Graduates of the Program in Business Economics with analytics can be channeled into private sector companies (e.g., banks, financial institutions, consulting companies) both in Greece and abroad, but also to staff public services and organizations such as Tax Offices, Independent Authorities, Competition Commission, Capital Market Commission, Hellenic Fiscal Council, State Budget Office in the Parliament, etc.