Accommodation will not be centrally planned.
All participants should make their own bookings (hotel or Airbnb-type) individually, either directly on hotel websites, or through accommodation booking websites.
The Athens University of Economics and Business where the ASSET 2019 Conference will take place is very conveniently located in the center of Athens (Patission 76 Street). The Victoria metro station (M1, Green line) is located one block away and many bus and trolley lines stop nearby. Therefore, any downtown Athens accommodation location is convenient.
Popular location suggestions with plenty accommodation choices suitable for different budgets and preferences are:
1. The historical center of Athens (Syntagma square, Monastiraki square, Plaka and the area around Aiolou, Ermou and Mitropoleos Streets)
2. The area around the Acropolis Museum and the Koukaki neighborhood next to “Acropoli” and “Syngrou Fix” metro stations (M2, Red line)
3. The area around the “Thission” metro station (M1, Green line) and the “Kerameikos” metro station (M3, Blue line)
4. The Ambelokipoi, Kolonaki and Pagkrati neighborhoods along the metro stations “Syntagma” to “Ambelokipoi” (M3, Blue line), and the Vassilissis Sofias, Kifissias, Michalakopoulou and Alexandras avenues.
5. Karaiskaki square around the “Metaxourgeio” metro station (M2, Red line)
Note that October 28 is a national holiday in Greece in case you want to extend your stay in Athens. This holiday does not pose any serious problem for room availability (usually, during this holiday the flow is away from Athens). However, keep in mind that Athens has recently become a quite popular all year round weekend destination.