Louis-André Gerard-Varet Prize
This prize is in memory of ASSET’s first elected president Louis-André Gerard-Varet, who passed away in January 2001. Louis-André Gérard-Varet was Directeur d'Etudes at EHESS, and Director of GREQAM in Marseille. He was ASSET’s chairman from 1990 to 1997 and its president from 1997 to 1999.
ASSET awards the Louis-André Gerard-Varet prize each year to a young author (either a current graduate student or a recent PhD within two years of graduation) of an outstanding paper singled out by the program committee among those submitted to the ASSET annual meeting. The recipient of the prize must be attending the annual meeting, and in the case of co-authored papers, all authors must be individually eligible.
Short-list of candidates for the 2019 LAGV prize (in alphabetical order):
- Matteo Gatti, “Markups And Firm Entry: Evidence From The 2012 Emilia Earthquake”, EUI
- Sven Hanold, “Long-Term Contracts In Two-Sided Markets”, UAB and Barcelona GSE
- Boris Knapp, “Manipulative Intermediaries And Naive Consumers”, Vienna Graduate School of Economics (VGSE)
- Georgios Manalis, “Land Rights And Risk Sharing In Rural West Africa”, EUI
- Shahir Safi, “The Weakness of Weak Ties in Referrals”, Aix-Marseille School of Economics
- Luca Sandrini, “Innovation And Vertical Foreclosure With Nondiscrimination Rule”, University of Padova
- Laure Simon, “Fiscal Stimulus and Skill Accumulation over the Life-Cycle”, EUI
The winner of the prize will be announced during the Conference dinner on Saturday, October 26.