Introduction to Political Science and International Relations
- Politics and Government: clarification of key concepts (government, governance, nation, state, power, legitimacy)
- The State and the International System: elaboration on the origins and evolution of the state, state relations with international organizations, role of state in the globalized economic and political system.
- Democracy and authoritarianism: direct, representative, liberal democracy, waves of democratization, traditional and new forms of authoritarian governance
- Constitutions: content and structure of constitutions, role of the judiciary, international law.
- Legislatures: structure and functions
- Executives: Presidential, Semi-presidential and Parliamentary systems
- International System: overview, historical evolution, key features