Management and Information Technology
The learning outcomes of the course are:
- To comprehend the basic dimensions of the use of Information and Communications Technologies (ICT) in organizations and the main issues that is connected with their effective exploitation.
- To acquire the necessary conceptual background in order to comprehend the issues that the managers deal with, regarding ICTs.
- To get to know the main functions of the appropriate management of information systems (IS) in organizations and the fundamental theoretical and practical models that lead to the management of this operation.
- To comprehend how ICTs affect the organisational structure of businesses and their relations with the business environment
The course contents are:
- The importance of information technology for organisations with issues such as: managing information systems, strategic information systems, business process re-engineering and informational technology, the role of informational technology in the management of change, harmonisation of business and IT strategy
- The use and exploitation of informational systems with subjects as: support management decisions, support intra-organisational procedures, managing data and knowledge, integration of processes, enterprise resource planning (ERP), electronic commerce
- Business Transformation and the role of information systems with issues as: process, the transition from traditional to electronic business, business process reengineering (BPR), the impact of IT on competition and cooperation