Operations and Supply Chain Management
Competitiveness constitutes a key success factor for any contemporary business activity. However sustaining and enhancing business competitiveness involves producing and offering the right product, at the right time, the right place and at the right price and conditions. Operations and Supply Chain Management contributes substantially to this goal through designing and managing the integrated process of manufacturing and delivering products and/or services to markets. In particular, Operations Management aims at designing and managing the operations for producing products and/or services in an efficient and cost-effective way. Supply Chain Management aims at designing and managing the flow of materials, products, and information from suppliers to end-customers in order to offer the products and/or services at the desired time and place and at the minimum logistics cost. Integrated management of business operations and supply chain activities is envisaged in all industries.
In this context, the Operations & Supply Chain Management stream (unique in undergraduate studies offered by Greek Universities) covers the following areas:
- Design, planning and control of business operations for manufacturing products or producing services.
- Designing and Coordination of the relationships of the companies and organizations participating in a supply chain
- Planning and control of Logistics Systems, including procurement, warehousing, transportation, and distribution.
The objective of this stream is to provide students of the Department of Management Science and Technology with the skills to design, manage, and assess the entire spectrum of business operations of a company taking into account their interrelationships. The knowledge and skills offered by this stream will enable the student to pursue the following job opportunities:
- Executive or Analyst in a Product or Service Design/Manufacturing department of any type of company
- Executive or Analyst in a Supply Chain Management or Logistics department of any of company
- Executive or Analyst in 3PL, 4PL or a private or public Transport Company
- Supply Chain Management (6th Semester)
- Production & Operations Management (6th Semester)
- Topics in Operations Research and Decision Systems (6th Semester)
- Quality Management (6th Semester)
- Enterprise Resource Planning Systems (7th Semester)
- Analysis and Planning of Distribution and Transportation Systems (7th Semester)