AUEB's Career Office was founded to offer services aiming at supporting and facilitating students and graduates to design their professional career either by promoting them in the labor market, or by continuing to a postgraduate level.
The Career Office covers the following needs:
- Informing graduates for available job offerings
- Informing businesses and organizations for graduates qualifications
- Informing students and graduates for postgraduate programs, specialization, continuous training and scholarships
- Information on post-graduation professional rights
- Assist the Practical Training Program
- Offer counseling and career services for graduate students.
You can find here some quantitative and qualitative data for the Office.
For more detailed information visit the Career Office website.
Our Graduates in Postgraduate Programs
After successfully completing the studies at the Statistics Department, our students can continue their studies at a postgraduate level, either to obtain a Master's or to obtain a Ph.D. degree. The indicative list below features distinguished Academic Institutions in Greece and abroad, in which our graduates continue their studies.
Indicative Graduates list
The majority of our graduates is employed in large organizations of the private sector, as well as the public sector. A lot of them also pursue academic careers in established educational institutions both in Greece and abroad. Here is an indicative list:
- Ioannis Kosmidis, Senior Lecturer, University College London (website)
- Irini Moustaki, Professor in Social Statistics, Deputy Head (Educational Strategy), London School of Economics (website)
- Silia Vitoratou, Lecturer in Applied Health Statistics, Kings College, London (website)
- Alexandros Beskos, Reader in Statistics, University College London (website)
- Victor Panaretos, Assistant Professor of Mathematical Statistics, Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (website)
- Nikos Tzavidis, Head of Department of Social Statistics & Demography, Professor of Statistical Methodology, University of Southampton (website)
- Kostas Kalogeropoulos, Lecturer in Statistics, Department of Statistics, London School of Economics (website)
- Vasiliki Dimitrakopoulou, Lecturer/Assistant Professor, School Of Mathematics & Statistics, University College Dublin (website)
- Eleni Ioanna Delatola, Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Systems Biology Ireland, University College Dublin (website)
- Aris Perperoglou, Senior Lecturer in Statistics, Department of Mathematical Sciences, University of Essex (website)
- Brunilda Balliu, Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Pathology, Stanford Medicine
- Emmanouil Bagkeris, PHD Candidate at University College London
- Fotis Polydoros, Medical Statistician at the University of Liverpool - Liverpool Cancer Trials Unit
Non – Academic Positions
- Athanassios Petralias, Researcher - Statistics & Econometrics, Τράπεζα της Ελλάδος
- Dimitris Michalopoulos, Analytics Analyst at Accenture
- Efi Iliopoulou, Senior Statistician at Veramed
- Katerina Papadimitropoulou, Senior Analyst at Mapi Group, PhD candidate at Leiden University Medical Center