JOIN THE PROGRAM
- Application Process
The Program has a rolling admissions procedure, which commences in January, with multiple deadlines every year.
Places available are limited, so prospective students are advised to submit their applications early.
Applications are submitted online at https://e-graduate.applications.aueb.gr/?lang=en_US, by registering and logging in.
1. Printed version of the application form submitted on-line.
2. Copies of all University Degrees / Diplomas (Recognition by the Hellenic National Academic Recognition Information Centre is required. For further information regarding the recognition procedure, please contact the program’s admissions’ office or visit www.doatap.gr ).
3. Official transcripts of grades received (with certified translation in English or in Greek where applicable).
4. CV in English.
5. Two academic recommendation letters. Part time applicants only may also submit professional recommendation letters as well as academic ones
6. Proof of knowledge of the English language (at least C1 level), as determined by a TOEFL, TOEIC or IELTS score, or the Cambridge or Michigan Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE) or the Certificate of Advanced English (CAE). Native speakers as well as candidates having conducted their undergraduate studies in English are exempt from the above mentioned prerequisite.
7. Personal statement of approximately 500 words, in English
8. Proof of employment record, if any – required for part time applicants
9. One recent passport size photograph.
The Admissions Committee, in making a decision to offer a position to a candidate, ranks the applicants according to the above quantitative and qualitative criteria.
- Tuition Fees
The Full-time Program costs 7,600€, while the Part-time Program 7,800€. There is some availability of need-based financial aid in the form of tuition exemption, according to Law 4485/2017, for both full-time and part time students. Tuition fees are paid in installments according to the Interdepartmental Committee relative decisions.
Total tuition fees: 7,600 €
1st installment paid upon reservation of the place
2nd installment paid until 30/11/2022
3rd installment paid until 31/1/2023
4th installment paid until 31/3/2023
Total tuition fees: 7,800 €
1st installment paid upon reservation of the place
2nd installment paid until 31/12/2022
3rd installment paid until 31/5/2023
4th installment paid until 31/10/2023
5th installment paid until 31/1/2024 1,600 €
- Scholarships & Academic Performance Awards
Tuition fee scholarships are offered to suitable candidates in the MSc Program based on merit or/and social and economic criteria.
Companies-foundations-institutions that have offered/are offering scholarships to the program include: Aegean Baltic Bank, Marmaras Navigation, Delta Tankers, Propondis Foundation, Chartworld, the MSc in ISFM through Equal Society.
Academic excellence awards worth at least 6.000 euro are also offered to top performing students at the end of the full and part time programs, based on performance within the MSc.
- International Students
Upon arrival in Greece all international students have to go through the following steps:
1. Register at the University
2. Apply for a residence permit. The following documentation is necessary:
- Two photocopies of the passport (showing the first page as well as the page with the stamped visa).
- Two coloured passport size photos.
- Two copies of a confirmation letter that the student is registered at AUEB (provided by the Secretariat of the program, in Greek).
- Two copies of a document that proves the student has sufficient funds to cover his/her expenses while studying in Athens (e.g. bank account statement or a letter from the University for Scholarship Holders).
- Two copies of a health certificate from a Greek Public Hospital stating that the student does not suffer from any contagious decease (the University will arrange an appointment).
- The health insurance booklet provided by the Secretariat upon registration as mentioned above.
3. Apply to DOATAP (Hellenic National Academic Recognition Information Centre (NARIC)) for recognition and validation of Bachelor's degree:
International Students who do not have a VAT ID must be identified by DOATAP in order to be able to use the e-doatap platform (https://e-doatap.doatap.gr/login) . The following are required to be submitted to the Agency:
- Valid Passport of Resident permit
Application for Registration on the e-doatap platform (application form)
When the authentication process is successfully completed, the applicant will receive access to the e-doatap platform electronically.
In the case where foreign citizens leave abroad, they should go to a Greek Embassy with their identity or passport and request for passport identification codes and authenticity of their signature. The citizen then sends the application with the identification codes and authenticity of their signature and a copy of the displayed document (ID or passport), electronically to email@example.com with notification at firstname.lastname@example.org.