Θέση για μεταδιδάκτορες ή υποψήφιους διδάκτορες
I am seeking a post-doc (or possibly staff scientists) with strong statistical and collaborative skills to join us in the Office of Energetics (http://www.soph.uab.edu/
· Job Title: Post-Doc is most likely and ideal, but also willing to consider Scientist I title.
· US Citizenship is NOT required.
o Applied statistical analyses in obesity-related research ranging from basic science (animal studies), to clinical trials, meta-analyses, and epidemiology.
o Statistical and power analysis sections of grant proposals.
o Coaching other post-docs and investigators on statistical matters.
o A small amount of methodologic work.
· Salary: $50,000 or (a little) greater.
· Reporting to: David Allison
· Duration of Appointment: Initial appointment for one year. Renewable by mutual agreement for up to an additional 2 years as post or renewable as Scientist I for additional years indefinitely by mutual agreement.
· Start Date: As soon as possible.
o Degree: Ideally a PhD in Biostatistics or Statistics, but would be willing to consider someone with very strong statistical skills from another discipline (e.g., economics, epidemiology, sociology, psychology, mathematics, engineering, etc.)
o Communication skills: Excellent written and spoken communication skills essential.
o Social skills: Good collaborative skills and ability to work well with a variety of scientists from different educational and demographic backgrounds essential.